Thursday, July 22, 2010

County Fair 2010 - Part 1

It's county fair time again!



Tuesday evening we headed out to help decorate the booth in the 4-H building. I ran into a fellow Fosmark resident from my days at ISU and had a lovely chat. The booth turned out great. I take no credit for any of it except for some work with a glue stick.


Wednesday morning was conference judging day. M entered her box full of the projects she worked on at the meetings this year and a boot planted with flowers. Clover Kids receive participation ribbons and some good experience interacting with the judges.



Wednesday evening M and I headed back out for the BBQ and coronation of the queen and king. There are no pictures because I was too busy eating a tasty BBQ sandwich and a Bomb Pop. Afterwards we wandered about looking at the exhibits and animals. I saw quite a few familiar faces from my 4-H days. It really does seem like just yesterday . . .




This morning (Thursday) we had a full agenda. M was asked to represent the Ankeny Clover Kids in the Decorate a Bale contest. The kids had decorated their hay bale at the June meeting, and M's job was to serve as spokesperson for her club. She must have done a good job, because they placed second!






No comments: